Satya Nadella, CEO
When smart, creative, passionate people get together, the result can be astounding and the opportunities limitless. Microsoft are empowering their customers to do more and achieve more. They are obsessing about individuals and organisations across the globe by creating products and services for them which will enable them to thrive in today’s digital world.
Our Graduate (MACH) program:
The Microsoft Academy for College Hires (MACH) program is your chance to join Microsoft on a full-time position, have real job and challenging tasks from day one. On the top of that we offer customized learning experience designed for our newest university hires in various job families including Marketing, Sales, Services & Consulting, IT and Operations. The two-year MACH program complements your full-time role by ensuring that you receive professional development to enable you to start strong, accelerate your impact, build your network and drive a long-term career at Microsoft. We do this by offering you world-class training, coaching from some of the brightest minds in the industry and a global community of MACHs from more than 60 countries.
3 great reasons to work for Microsoft:
- Transformation through our “Mobile first, Cloud first” strategy and “Growth Mindset” Culture
- Flexibility. Enjoy flexitime and working from home facilities, combining work and life balance!
- Learning and development opportunities. Explore customer or partner facing opportunities working on products such as Bing and Windows Phone to Xbox, Surface and Skype, to audience specific roles supporting our small, medium and large customers all over the world
- Submit your CV in English, via our Career website for Students and Graduates. The process includes an online application, followed by a judgement test, video and Skype interviews. Our MACHs are selected through an all day long assessment centre, giving you a great opportunity to meet all the hiring managers and get a chance to learn more about Microsoft
- Deadline timelines can vary from one country to another – Typical start dates across most European countries are January and September
- Fluency in the local language and work authorization are generally required You must have graduated no more than a year prior start date to be MACH eligible Remember: passion, passion, passion is what we are after!
The program from a student point of view – read for yourself!
Diogo Sassetti, Nova School of Business and Economics, 2015 Graduate
“Microsoft has reborn. The shift to the cloud and mobile is really re-shaping this company, and to see that each day is truly rewarding. We have no intentions to stop changing the world. My exposure to top leadership has been beyond any expectations. My primary role is to advise the business leaders in Western Europe of both Windows Server and PC Hardware, from a financial scope. Alongside this, I am responsible for setting the sales targets for 12 markets in key consumer products. There are plenty of opportunities to stand out. My most favourite was helping to design a sales performance dashboard for the entire region.. When I realised 600+ people were using this tool, I was proud to work for a company that allowed me to shine from day 1.”
Laoise Kiely, UCD Michael Smurfit Business School, 2014 Graduate
1 year into my role as a Search account manager as a MACH hire, I am even more excited about being a part of Microsoft than I was on day one. Everyday I speak with customers from agencies and an array of businesses based in the UK to help them manage and grow their Bing advertising. We are consistently encouraged to fail fast and learn fast as well as to approach everyday with a growth mindset. Working at Microsoft I have had the opportunity to work at a global level with colleagues based around the world (Seattle, New York, France, India etc.) and a lively team of more than 36 nationalities. I have been blown away at the open channel we have to our leadership team. I am ecstatic that Microsoft has become a CEMS corporate partner because as a cemsie - it feels like home!
Aleksey Fedorov, St. Petersburg State University, 2011 Graduate
“Microsoft is re-inventing itself. Rarely you will find a company, eager to change every aspect of how it solves consumers’ problems and along the way reimagine the way it does business. If you are rebellious, eager to challenge status quo and rediscover yourself and the world around you – join Microsoft. We are looking for students with diverse backgrounds, who want to solve huge problems, come with original solutions and drive change at scale. Personally, I joined Microsoft after graduating from the Graduate School of Management St. Petersburg State University and Vienna University of Economic and Business in 2011. I`ve had a couple of roles in the company and now I`m driving global brand and creative direction for Microsoft digital stores on Windows and Xbox in Redmond, Washington”.
Agnes Szanto, Corvinus University of Budapest, 2010 Graduate
Microsoft is an excellent company for ambitious graduates. Microsoft is driving innovation all around the world and being part of how the world is constantly changed by technology is fascinating. I am motivated to work with talented collegues which means collaboration and support across business groups, segments and areas. At the same time, it’s an exciting and challenging workplace where top performance is highly valued and rewarded.